Sunday, May 31, 2015

Colorado Trip - VACATION 2015 - Part 2


Wednesday, we went out to Pike's Peak.  We rode the COG railroad up the mountain - because of the snow & ice, we could "only" go about 14, 000 feet.  It was absolutely breathtaking!  And a little scary once we got to the snow-covered parts of the mountain... Eeep!  God is such a beautiful artist!  We stopped on the way down the mountain, at about 12, 000 feet, I think?, for a bit of a break.  Our driver, Andy, was super cute & very friendly.  The Lord blessed us w/ amazing seats - in the back/front of the train, where we had an unobstructed view & also leg room!  : )  The seating arrangement was perfect for me so I wasn't squished in w/ ppl I don't know & I didn't have to face ppl.  Thank you, Jesus!  And on the way down the mountain, Andy was right by us.  He very kindly answered questions for us & chatted w/ us!  














After we got back to the station & did a little souvenir shopping, we headed to lunch/dinner at Panino's, a local restaurant in the area.  It was pretty good, but the sandwiches were HUUUUGE so I brought half back w/ me to eat later.  LOL  







Then we headed to Garden of the Gods.  SO NEAT!  Again, breathtakingly beautiful!  God, I feel so blessed to have been given the opportunity to see all of this!  : )  















We got back to the hotel way late - very long day, but so worth it!!!  

I finished Tempting Tatum (love love love) and started Only This by Hadley Quinn & am so far loving it!  Glad I've had great books to choose from!!  

Sleeeeeep!  ; )  

Today, we didn't want to venture far from "home" since we'll be in the car all day tomorrow - I can't believe this week has gone by SO FAST & we're heading back to Iowa tomorrow.  Well, back to Omaha tomorrow & then Iowa on Saturday.  : )  

So, today, we also had a lot of fun, tho!  We started the day w/ breakfast, of course.  And then coffee.  *grin*  And then we went to IKEA, because we don't have one at home & I LOVE IT THERE!  Seriously, I just get a happy while walking around all of their displays... *swoon*  I found a really neat frame that I'm going to put some postcards from this trip into, and a throw blanket that is just like a cableknit sweater, and some jars for the kitchen... And Kris found some great stuff, too, including a new messenger bag for her laptop & she got it ON SALE!  Woot!!  : )  We also had a snack - I needed to have some Swedish Meatballs & Lingonberry jam.  Yummy!!  



 Kris found a nice, relaxing chair.  : ) 
 I had to take a picture of the dog butt hooks!  LOL  
I sent it to Jen to show Leyton.  : ) 

 I MAY be slightly obsessed w/ islands... ; ) 




After IKEA, we headed to Hammond's Candy for a tour of the facility to see how the candy is made, free samples, and of course some shopping... I got Mom a Whoopie Pie candy bar and myself a bacon & potato chip candy bar to try... And they were having a sale, too, so I picked up some treats for Joy's kiddos as well as Leyton & Anthony & Bret... heh.  It was a really neat place!!  





Next up was a recommendation of Kristen Ashley's - when I knew this trip was happening, I asked her for two recommendations of what I had to visit while in Denver, and one of her suggestions was My Brother's Bar.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but it's just a neighborhood bar that has a really NEAT vibe.  We had some food & drink & just soaked up the atmosphere - and the REALLY CUTE bartender... *grin*  I wish I would have gotten a shirt, but we didn't realize they sold them until we were leaving, and at that point I was having a mild panic attack because our seat choice was like right in the middle of the bar & I'd kept it together for about as long as I could... 

ANYWAY!  *laugh*  After that, we headed to an antique mall where Monica & Sam have a booth.  We looked around at all sorts of fun things & I found something for Trish & something for Bret.  Hooray!  Kris found some cobalt blue stuff that she really liked, too.  : )  

The weather all week has been really odd (according to Kris), but I think it has been really blessed, too.  It's been sunny & GORGEOUS while we've been out doing things, and it's only started raining/storming at the end of the day/evening, when we've been indoors.  Again, thank you, Jesus!!  

After the antique mall, we had to stop into Target for a couple things & then came back to the hotel for dinner & drinks & then Kris went to visit w/ a friend & I stayed here to write up these lovely blog posts & do some reading of Only This.  : )  

So, that's Colorado!  I can't even express how grateful I am for this opportunity!!!  I really hope & pray I'll be able to come back w/ Mom and/or Leyton.  There are some super fun things I think he & maybe Anthony would enjoy, too... : )  

I was worried about Angel, but have been keeping tabs w/ Bret & altho she's been hiding out in my room & had at least one accident, Bret said she is eating, so that's good.  Hopefully she'll not be too mad me when I get back!  

Thanks for taking the time to read through my accounts & look at my pictures.  I'm sure a lot of it you may have seen on FB!  *laugh*  And I'm sure I'm forgetting some things, as well... 

TTFN!  LOVE YOU!!!  : )   

No comments:

Post a Comment

come, share a slice!