Wednesday, November 19, 2014

challenge - day 19 - BIRTHDAY!

happy birthday to me!
happy birthday to me!
it's my birthday today!
i don't know if you knew that - as someone pointed out, it's not like i advertise the fact or anything like that at all.  

muhahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!

*cough*

anyway!  
so Carriepalooza goes all month long, but today is the actual day which marks my age going up.
except that i am 28 forever, because i said so.
: ) 

so, i slept til about 8, started KA's Lady Luck, drank some coffee, checked out FB (so many birthday wishes - i have the most awesome and amazing friends & family!), replied to everyone, was SUPER SURPRISED by gifts of books & coffee from april & kathy (THANK YOU AGAIN!!  i love you both with or without presents, but the presents are MUCH appreciated!!)... it was a fabulous birthday morning!

i ended up making the decision to cancel my birthday dinner at pizza ranch because 1/2 of my attendees had to cancel due to various circumstances (*hugs* to trish!).  it was disappointing, but i'm okay with it because i had the opportunity to hang out w/ phil & leyton for a couple hours!  




and even tho leyton threw a fit at the end & that wasn't cool, i did get birthday hugs & kisses & phil made spaghetti for dinner & i had gotten a free birthday brownie from capriotti's so i shared that w/ them.  it was nice to hang out watching spongebob & icarly & leyton play games on phil's phone.  : ) 

i also went to WM this afternoon to pick up cat food & a few other things.  saw two of my former co-workers, louise & venus.  i worked at WM briefly (in the grand scheme of things - it was like less than 2 years, i think?  i'm not entirely sure, actually, how long i was there!) & i can't tell you how much it warms my heart that ppl still remember me there!  i don't think they remember my name, but they remember ME.  *huggles*  

stopped at starbucks before WM for a peppermint mocha & one of the guys i hadn't seen in a while was working & he mentioned he hadn't seen me in a while!  *laugh*  i'm like, i've been here practically every day!  : )  i love my starbucks peeps, i really do!

what else?  oh, when i got home, i had a bday card from aunt janie AND a package from cousin amy!!  what a surprise that was, waiting at my door!!  
guess what it was?  it is perfect & fabulous!!  : ) 




see?!  she said she saw it & thought i might like it. 
she was spot on there!  
woot!

along w/ all of that, i got to chat w/ april for a bit, and i had to check my work email for something, and when i did, i saw i had birthday wishes from my previous wall-mate & also a few unexpected ppl remembered & sent me a note as well!!  <3 <3 <3 seriously, warms my heart!  LOVE!

so!  i think that about covers my birthday day.
oh! 
one more story!

so, mom had said she couldn't make my birthday dinner because she would be working & then going to grammy's.  so, when i cancelled, i of course didn't let her know bc she said she wasn't coming!
cut to 4:30-ish & i'm hanging out on the couch w/ phil & trying to show him georgine's tattoo when my phone rings & it's mom.  he looks at it & doesn't hand it over, but instead says, "let's freak her out" and answers it, "joe's crab shack!"  LOLOLOL  there's a pause & then he laughs & says, "were you looking at your phone to make sure you dialed the right number?"
hahahahahaaaaaa
*sigh*
so funny!
so, as it turns out, she stopped by pizza ranch to surprise me, but she was the one surprised bc i wasn't there!
d'oh!
it was super sweet of her to stop by, tho!!!  : )  
love love love!!!

oh, and i spent part of the night when i got home watching Ylvis videos on youtube.  
april told me of her favorite, Massachusetts, which i hadn't seen.
HI-LARIOUS!  

NOW i'm off to dive back into Lady Luck.
more LOVE!  

: ) 

thank you for all my fantastic birthday wishes.
y'all ROCK!

LOVE YOU!

ttfn.

p.s.
YUM

No comments:

Post a Comment

come, share a slice!